Responding to a claim

Responding to a personal injury claim when you are uninsured

You may have a compensation claim against you when you either don’t have insurance or have insurance but your insurer has declined to extend indemnity.

What can you do?

  • You need to respond to the claim. You can do this yourself, or through a lawyer.
  • If you don’t have insurance, then you need to find out if there are any other parties that you can seek indemnity or contribution from.
  • If your insurer has declined indemnity, then you need to consider whether you can seek indemnity to sue your insurer

Responding to a claim on behalf of an uninsured person or business is a niche area of legal practice. Most personal injury lawyers act for insurance companies (who have significant resources) and don’t have the experience to handle cases for a private individual or small business without insurance.

For many uninsured parties, the legal costs of responding to a claim can be crippling if your lawyer is not experienced in carefully managing the claim.

If you find yourself in the difficult position of not being covered for a claim made against you, you should get legal advice at the earliest opportunity.

In many cases, claims can be settled informally and cost-effectively, avoiding the expense of conferences and/or court proceedings. There may also be opportunities to recoup amounts paid out in the settlement, and even the cost of responding to the claim. 

No Win No Fee —

Call us now for a free over the phone or face to face consultation

4052 0761

Speak to a Lawyer Now and Get Your Free Claim Assessment

Or request a call back by completing the form below

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Useful Articles

Get More Money In Your Pocket Why Lower Fees Matter

We all look for value in life.  There is nothing new about this statement and whilst it…

Read More

Scroll to Top