Assisting clients with personal injury compensation claims
Cairns Personal Injury Lawyers work with clients throughout Queensland and the Northern Territory on personal injury and compensation claims, including:
- WorkCover claims –arising from an accident or injury at work
- Motor vehicle accident claims – whether you are the driver of a motor vehicle involved in an accident, a passenger in a motor vehicle involved in an accident, or a pedestrian or cyclist involved in a motor vehicle accident
- Public liability claims – when you are injured in a public space
- Dependency claims – when you are the financial dependents (such as the children, wives or husbands) of a person who has been killed in an accident.
It is essential to identify, very early, the type of claim that you’re entitled to make. It’s common that compensation claims fall into more than one of the categories above.
Your injuries, and the circumstances of the accident in which they happened, need to be closely investigated at the earliest opportunity to identify all possible legal claims and all possible defendants.
Failing to identify the type of personal injury claim, or the right to bring a claim across more than one category, can mean you lose the legal right to compensation.
No Win No Fee —
call us now for a free over the phone or face to face claim assessment
Types of personal injury
There are many different types of injuries that you can suffer, and some are more obvious than others. Common types of injuries that clients come to us about, when looking for help to seek compensation, include:
- Brain injuries
- Skull injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Chest injuries
- Soft tissue injuries such as whiplash
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Elbow injuries
- Wrist injuries
- Finger injuries
- Upper and lower back injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Rib injuries
- Hip injuries
- Knee injuries
- Leg injuries
- Ankle injuries
- Foot injuries
- Intestinal injuries
- Psychiatric injuries
- Vascular injuries
- Lung injuries
- Stomach injuries
- Eye injuries
- Teeth and mouth injuries
If you have suffered an injury of the type listed above, you may be eligible to claim for compensation.
What does a personal injury lawyer do?
Personal injury lawyers assist you in claiming compensation in circumstances where you have been injured. Our Lawyers can:
- Advise you on whether you have a claim, and if so, the likely compensation you are entitled to claim
- Prepare and draft Notices of Claim as part of the pre-action process (depending on the nature of the claim, and the scheme that the claim is to be brought under)
- Arrange for you to be examined by independent medical examiners for the purpose of preparing medico-legal reports for your claim
- Help you understand the nature and extent of your disclosure obligations
- Represent you (with or without barristers) at compulsory conferences
Represent you through the litigation process and at trial, if necessary.
What is the personal injury process?
The personal injuries claims process will vary, depending on the nature of your injury and the type of personal injury claim you have. We have provided a summary of each process at the following links: