A motor vehicle accident can leave people in physical, emotional and financial distress. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, chances are, you are entitled to claim compensation for distress. In Queensland, the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance scheme enables those injured to claim compensation from the insurer of the driver who is at fault. But where to start?
Record details of incident
After an accident occurs, it is vital that evidence is recorded in case it is needed down the track.
- Write down details of where and how the accident occurred.
- Get details from the other driver such as their vehicle, registration number and their drivers licence number.
- Take contact details from any witnesses.
Report accident to the Police
Report the accident to the police as soon as possible if appropriate.
Seek medical attention
It is important to ensure that any injuries sustained as a result of the accident receive medical attention.
Speak to a lawyer
We strongly advise that one of the first things you do is speak to a Personal Injury Lawyer. It is generally best to choose a local law firm with experience in Personal Injury claims.
- There are time limits on when you can make a claim. Delaying the process might mean you cannot make a claim.
- The Process for claiming compensation requires the navigation of a strict and somewhat complicated legal process which is why speaking to an experienced personal injury lawyer is important.
How will a Personal Injury lawyer help?
A personal Injury Lawyer can work with you and help you to navigate your way through what can be a complicated process. Their primary goal is to help you receive the maximum compensation possible for your injuries. A lawyer will be able to review your case and use their knowledge and experience in Law to give you an idea of the possible compensation that you may be entitled to. The amount that you are entitled to will depend on:
- the nature and extent of the injuries that you have suffered.
- the impact that the injuries have had upon your financial circumstances.
- your age and work that you do.
- any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
Cairns Injury Lawyers
If you are looking for a Law firm in Cairns, contact Cairns Injury Lawyers
- We are proudly owned and based in Cairns.
- We are a part of Preston Law.
- We are a down-to-earth team of Lawyers that have been helping Cairns locals get compensation for almost two decades.
- We will work with you to achieve the maximum compensation.
- We operate on a no win no fee basis. This means there are no upfront fees or monthly bills to worry about. We only charge you if we are successful with the claim!
Cairns Injury Lawyers
1/15 Spence St, Cairns City QLD 4870
ph 4052 0700